Groups on web
Please see more information about group reservations on norwegian.com.
Groups in Amadeus
- Group booking rules agent (pdf)
- Group booking rules agent - Long Haul (pdf)
- How to book a group booking with Norwegian (pdf)
- Group booking rules agent – as of November 01st 2017 (pdf)
- Group booking rules agent - Long Haul as of November 01st 2017(pdf)
- How to book a group booking with Norwegian as of November 01st 2017 (pdf)
Group bookings with new deposit rules
New deposit rules for group bookings
As of November 1st, 2017, a new set of deposit rules will be implemented to all group bookings with Norwegian.
Finally, we can present a simplified process regards to the collection of deposit for group bookings!
Key change & feature:
- Calculation of deposit will change from 20% per person, per flight, to 20% of net total per purchase
- Extra seats are considered a new purchase
- You can reduce the group by up to 10% per purchase without loss of deposit
- If you reduce by more than 10%, lost deposit is calculated per purchase
- Lost deposit is not registered in Amadeus
- Changes (new/more flights, changes to passenger number, etc.) before charge date of deposit will cause a new deposit calculation
- When splitting a booking the deposit will still be tied to the original PNR
- Reduction in a split will cause a deposit recalculation in original PNR after validating (OS<airline code>/VALIDATE - i.e. OSDY/VALIDATE)
- A split is not considered a new purchase
- Group bookings created before November 1st will follow old deposit rules
More good news!
We are pleased to announce that from November 1st, 2017 you also have the option to obtain receipts on both deposit and restpay/totalpay on Groups. The receipt can be downloaded from the Agent Portal.
For further information re GDS group bookings, please see section “Groups in Amadeus” and follow the link ”How to book a group booking with Norwegian as of November 01st 2017(pdf)”
If you have any questions to the new rules or groups in general, please contact our group agent desk or your contact person at our Sales department locally.
Please use email@example.com for all group related matters.
Exception: Group bookings via web
Always use reply function when you have made a group booking via our web form.
The following e-mails are no longer in use:
New routine regarding American Express CC on Group Travels
Due to charging problems with American Express on Group travels (especially in relation to deposit charges) We`ve been forced to deny all use of American Express on group travels.
If agents try to add an American Express card they will receive the following error message in Amadeus:
SSR OTHS DY /STATUS/TICKETLESS/NOT OK/INVALID FOP FOR DY/D8 PLS INSERT CORRECT FOP FOR GROUPS
The booking will not be "ticketless OK" until a valid Form of Payment is entered.
NB! This error message will appear in all bookings that have an Am Ex already and all new bookings. This means that bookings which are fully paid will get this message when robot tries to add ticket numbers 26 hours prior to departure.
In these bookings Form of Payment has to be changed to CASH and validated to make the booking "ticketless OK".